What a week! Actually, not. This week has been pretty low-key. The last two days it has been DUMPING rain on us. This morning, the very busy street we live on didn't have any power, so traffic lights were out of commission and traffic was awful.
Yesterday, we had a very cool lesson with a partially active family in the ward. The mother has a non-member boyfriend who is interested in learning about the church a little more, but he is clearly going to take things slow. But it was a spiritually powerful lesson. I really love teaching the Restoration lesson because every time I do, it makes more and more sense. I especially love talking about the power of the priesthood. For many, it seems difficult to understand authority and what we understand about priesthood authority. But I know that the authority Christ gave to the Apostles to teach and baptize has been restored again to the Earth today.
Saturday, we moved apartments so we are closer to the center of our area. Our new apartment is much smaller, but also cozier. I love it. I don't actually know our new address yet, BUT, just keep sending any mail to the mission office in Baton Rouge.
12025 Justice Avenue
Baton Rouge, LA 70816
One other thing I forgot to mention, I spoke in church on Sunday with my companion, Sister McMullin. We were speaking on developing Christ-like attributes and I spoke on Charity and Love. Developing the pure love of Christ has been a huge theme of my mission. From the beginning, I knew that I was to learn much on this subject. I am not perfect at loving people, but I am determined to continually be better. Because of moving and a relatively busy week with meetings and such, I didn't get to write my talk until way late, but the Lord certainly filled in the words to my rough outline of a talk.
Moroni 10:32-33 are so awesome. They are my ponderizing scriptures right now. Check them out. "Come unto Christ." :)
Hmmm there was also the interesting experience of playing the ukulele and singing at zone conference this week. Hahahahahahaha let's just say that I had this idea in my mind that I could sing and play an instrument at the same time in front of my peers. It wasn't terrible, but uh, it was rough. My companion has a ukulele so I am trying to get good at it using hers. My skills are still in the beginning stages, but hopefully I will improve. :)
So I think that is all for this week. Happy Halloween! Love y'all!
-Sister Ellen Frederickson
No comments:
Post a Comment