Thursday, October 22, 2015

Week 35

Y'all, I am so blessed by the greatest family and friends ever. I have received so much love via snail mail the last few weeks, and I really appreciate it all. It has meant a lot.
We found out at transfer meeting on Wednesday that things were going to be switched up a bit in our area. Rather than covering both the Singles ward and the Baton Rouge Second ward, President Hansen has removed sisters from the singles ward and put elders in there. I am now only covering one ward and it is a little bit of a relief and a little bit sad, too. I LOVED the ysa ward and I made a lot of really cool friends in YSA. Plus, I have some recent converts that are my friends and I love them so much! This is my new district. Pretty goofy bunch. My new companion is to my right. 
She is awesome. Her name is Sister McMullin and she is from Bakersfield, California. She came out one transfer before me and I love her so much already. She is very patient and loving, and she is an awesome, awesome missionary. 
We have had a bit of a roller coaster week. Investigators coming up and then dropping us or losing contact with us. The last few days have been interesting and a little disheartening BUT we are ready and set to get to work and to see this ward explode. Although I am sad to leave YSA, I am excited to really commit myself to this ward. I already love so many of the members, so it's easy. :)
It was pretty low key, but we are down to grind with finding efforts and seeking out member referrals. It's really good work here. 
New food for this week: pastalaya. (pasta + jumbalaya) It's. So. Good. 
Love y'all so much! 
Ponderizing scripture for the week:
D&C 88:118
-Sister Ellen Frederickson
12025 Justice Avenue
Baton Rouge, LA 70816

No comments:

Post a Comment