Saturday, October 17, 2015

Week 34

Not a whole lot to report this week, except for transfer news. I am staying in Baton Rouge another transfer, which means I will hit my half way mark here. In one week, I will have been out on my mission for 9 months, which means I only have 9 months left and I don't know how to feel about that. But that means I only have 9 months left to give everything I have left inside me to the Lord. Let's go!!
This week we FINALLY got to start proselyting on campus. After 4 and a half months at LSU, we were finally allowed back at Free Speech Alley (the only time we can openly proselyte on campus). It happens every Wednesday and Friday and we get to talk to all kinds of interesting people about the Restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. It's a good time! It really requires you to step out of your comfort zone in order to just go up to people and talk with them about Jesus Christ, but it's very fulfilling. 
Also, last night my Tongan companion made me spam, eggs and rice so that was interesting. It's really salty, but spam isn't actually the worst thing in the world, haha. 
In other news, at transfers tomorrow I am getting a new companion, so I will tell more about that next week. 
This Sunday was a very blessed Sabbath! Our new investigator (Greg) and his fiancee (Bettie, a member) showed up to Second ward. As we were sitting down with them and members of the ward came up to introduce themselves to them, all of these less-actives we have been working with start trailing in EARLY to Sacrament meeting so that was pretty awesome. It has been kind of hard to see the fruits of our labors in 2nd ward, but we have a lot of good things around the corner these next few weeks. The Lord provides blessings in unexpected ways sometimes, this week I challenge you to see the ways that the Lord has blessed you unexpectedly. :)
Y'all have a blessed week!
-Sister Ellen Frederickson

12025 Justice Avenue
Baton Rouge, LA 70816
This picture is a couple weeks old, but this is me and Jasmine, one of my fave YSAs and she went back to Idaho last month. She just sent this picture to me this week though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment