Thursday, November 12, 2015

Week 38

Hey family and friends!

So all of a sudden in the last few days, it got very cold. Ok not really cold, because I just got done reading some emails from some of my friends in Russia and it's actually cold there. Here, it hit the 50s for a few HOURS this week. Woah. 
One of the coolest things that happened this week was with a family we found. The coolest part is they live right around the corner from us and are so cool and so normal! Just a nice family. They were brought up to us by a sister who formerly served in this area and since we have had a lot of time freed up since I left LSU, we have more time to find new investigators for the BR 2nd ward. We decided to try this family one night and Robbie came out and told us that they were about to sit down for dinner, and that we should come back another night. We went ahead and told him we could come back the next night at a little later time. We did and they let us right in! They a 10 year old son and an 18 year old son and after getting to know them, let me tell you, they are SO PREPARED FOR THE GOSPEL. It's crazy. Sherry (Robbie's wife) has a best friend from Utah who is a member and so she already had a marked up copy of the Book of Mormon. We found out that they don't really have a church they go to in Baton Rouge. They refer to it as "Church ADD". And at the end we shared 2 Nephi 25:25 and invited them to hear about our unique message and they totally said yes. It was too perfect. I didn't know moments like this happened! We went back yesterday and taught the full Restoration and they were into it and they are just amazing. 
We also started teaching a man named Lynn who lives in our complex a few weeks ago. He is great and he told us that neither of us can get transferred in a few weeks (Transfers are in 2 weeks, already). He is reading the Book of Mormon and he loves how positive it is!
We also have this new family in the ward that are partially active. And we LOVE meeting with them. The mother, Tracy, is from Liberia and lived in Ghana as well. She came to America after the ward started in Liberia a while ago. She is really cool and we love helping her and her 6 daughters build faith! So cool! :)
Friends and family, I want to take this opportunity to share a brief testimony on the Plan of Salvation and the Book of Mormon. First, in the introduction to the Book of Mormon it explains that the Book of Mormon lays out the Plan of Salvation for us! I know that is true. Take the time to study the chapters in the Book of Mormon that talk about the Plan of Salvation this week and pray about them! This week I took the time repeatedly to pray and ask about the truthfulness of what we teach, of the Book of Mormon. Although I know it is true, if we are to keep progressing in the gospel, then we are to continually confirm what we know it true. 
I also want to share with you that nothing is impossible through Jesus Christ. The grace of Christ is very real, and as we build our faith, we can see that in our lives, in everything we do. The last few months I have had to heavily rely on my Savior. He has been my crutch and my support. Through some of the hardest trials of my life so far, nothing has seemed impossible without Jesus Christ. Nothing. 
I hope you all have a blessed week. I send my love from the Bayou. 
-Sister Ellen Frederickson
12025 Justice Avenue
Baton Rouge, LA 70816

No comments:

Post a Comment