Sunday, February 7, 2016

Week 49

uhhhh where do I even begin. Really, this week was extremely uneventful, except for Saturday. But, as any good story should be told, let me start from the beginning. 

Well, the week started off strong. We had three solid work days, including a lesson with a member present at our main investigators' house. She is the one with the brain tumor. However, the week faded quickly, as it became apparent that my companion was extremely sick. She developed bronchitis. Which she already had this winter, too. I feel so bad for her, she has been so sick and her cough sounds terrible. But by Wednesday night, we were in. We stayed in until Saturday, when we kind of didn't really have a choice as to whether or not she could stay in. Saturday was our mission conference in Baton Rouge with Elder Rasband of the Quorum of the Twelve and Elder Zwick, of the Seventy. 
it was an amazing experience to learn at the feet of an Apostle of the Lord. He called his message part two of his talk given in conference some years ago called, "The Divine Call of a Missionary."
We learned about the funneling of authority down to missionaries. Specifically we discussed keys of the priesthood and that applies to us as missionaries. Elder Rasband told us some about his experience calling and assigning missionaries, as that is part of his duties now. We also talked a little about serving our missions out of a love for the Lord. This was something I needed to hear, not as a rebuke so to speak, but more as a reassurance that I am currently heading in the right direction. It was nice. The spirit was so strong in that brief meeting, but it was perfect. Anyway, the last thing he spoke on was the importance of names. There are several ways we can see the importance of names in the gospel, which I won't go into detail about here. But we talked about what we can do with names including: praying, testifying to, fasting for, studying for, recording. This just begins the list. He talked about how each of our names were important and how those we teach have important names as well. It means much when we know names and use them to show love. Jesus Christ, that is an important name, made more important when we testify of all things "in the name of Jesus Christ." Our names are important enough to stand next to Christ's name on our tags. His name stands out in a good way as we represent Him to the best of our ability.

It was an excellent meeting, anyway. My poor companion, who was still pretty sick at this point, was actually doing awesome. The Spirit helped to lift her up quite a lot that day. What a blessing! I was also in a double quartet from our zone that got to perform at the conference. We sang a pretty version of "Joseph Smith's First Prayer." That was fun!

And then, after the meeting, I had the great privilege of being in Baton Rouge at the right time to attend a wedding!! Cute little Bettie got married to Greg! If you'll remember I taught them in Baton Rouge. Bettie is an active member living with Greg, who was our investigator as well. Well after some drama that lasted all Winter, Greg is now taking the lessons again and they got married yesterday, so he can hopefully be baptized soon. I hope that I can come back some day and attend their temple wedding. I attached a picture of Bettie and me. I can't wait for you to meet them, Mom and Dad. 
 Well, Sister Ririe is a trooper. Still sick, we took her home, and we have been inside ever since, save for the hour we made it to Sacrament meeting yesterday morning, which she barely made it through. We are at the library now, but it won't be long. She has to get back in bed! Pray for her, team! It might be a few more days inside for us.

Alright, this is all for this week. Let me leave with my testimony that Jesus Christ lives. He is the Son of God in the flesh. Our Heavenly Father hears our prayers. He wants to bless us. Let Him in. Come unto Christ. John 14:27

All my love,
Sister Ellen Frederickson
it was an amazing experience to learn at the feet of an Apostle of the Lord. He called his message part two of his talk given in conference some years ago called, "The Divine Call of a Missionary."
We learned about the funneling of authority down to missionaries. Specifically we discussed keys of the priesthood and that applies to us as missionaries. Elder Rasband told us some about his experience calling and assigning missionaries, as that is part of his duties now. We also talked a little about serving our missions out of a love for the Lord. This was something I needed to hear, not as a rebuke so to speak, but more as a reassurance that I am currently heading in the right direction. It was nice. The spirit was so strong in that brief meeting, but it was perfect. Anyway, the last thing he spoke on was the importance of names. There are several ways we can see the importance of names in the gospel, which I won't go into detail about here. But we talked about what we can do with names including: praying, testifying to, fasting for, studying for, recording. This just begins the list. He talked about how each of our names were important and how those we teach have important names as well. It means much when we know names and use them to show love. Jesus Christ, that is an important name, made more important when we testify of all things "in the name of Jesus Christ." Our names are important enough to stand next to Christ's name on our tags. His name stands out in a good way as we represent Him to the best of our ability.

It was an excellent meeting, anyway. My poor companion, who was still pretty sick at this point, was actually doing awesome. The Spirit helped to lift her up quite a lot that day. What a blessing! I was also in a double quartet from our zone that got to perform at the conference. We sang a pretty version of "Joseph Smith's First Prayer." That was fun!

And then, after the meeting, I had the great privilege of being in Baton Rouge at the right time to attend a wedding!! Cute little Bettie got married to Greg! If you'll remember I taught them in Baton Rouge. Bettie is an active member living with Greg, who was our investigator as well. Well after some drama that lasted all Winter, Greg is now taking the lessons again and they got married yesterday, so he can hopefully be baptized soon. I hope that I can come back some day and attend their temple wedding. I attached a picture of Bettie and me. I can't wait for you to meet them, Mom and Dad. 
 Well, Sister Ririe is a trooper. Still sick, we took her home, and we have been inside ever since, save for the hour we made it to Sacrament meeting yesterday morning, which she barely made it through. We are at the library now, but it won't be long. She has to get back in bed! Pray for her, team! It might be a few more days inside for us.

Alright, this is all for this week. Let me leave with my testimony that Jesus Christ lives. He is the Son of God in the flesh. Our Heavenly Father hears our prayers. He wants to bless us. Let Him in. Come unto Christ. John 14:27

All my love,
Sister Ellen Frederickson

No comments:

Post a Comment