Last week we didn't really get to email at all because the whole city shuts down for an entire week for Mardi Gras (kids out of school, libraries closed, etc.) and on top of that, I am short on time thisw week due to my companion going home on Thursday so if I don't get back to you, I promise I will next week. Know that I love you.
Last Tuesday we got to go to the Rex Parade on St. Charles street, right where the church is on St. Charles street. It was SO fun. Beads everywhere, weird beads, funny beads, colorful beads. And everyone and their mother was drinking/drunk. It was definitely 9 AM. My mission president was there and he came up to me and Sister Ririe and he was looked a little puzzled and he asked us if all these people were really drinking this early. Good old New Orleans.
The Sunday before we had a tiny miracle. We actually met Mike the week before Mardi Gras at the library and he wouldn't make a time to meet with us, but he said he would come to church. Now, a lot of people say they will come to church, but few actually come when we invite them. Well, Mike showed up at church last Sunday and then also came to Stake Conference this Sunday. haha what. This never happens for missionaries. Needless to say we are now teaching him, although he asked us to slow things down a bit, I think he got overwhelmed with all the people at stake conference. Still, a tender mercy for Mike.
The other miracle happened just last night when our awesome potential investigator, Shawn, randomly texted us and said he was sorry about not responding to our outreach for a few weeks because of some personal trials. We had given him a Book of Mormon, and promised that if he read it, he would feel peace in his trials. He seemed a little confused at first because he has only ever studied the bible, but he seriously has so much potential. Our first lesson with him was so powerful.
In other news, we are working with an amazing charity organization down here. Every Saturday we go to Eastern New Orleans and we are helping them set up a charity thrift store that has plans to open in March. We love working with them, and we meet new volunteers every week. I am going to try and take pictures of it this week.
Sister Ririe is going home this week. :( I am still waiting to find out who my new companion is, but I am so sad to lose sweet Sister Ririe. She is amazing and she has served an awesome mission.
I will tell more next week, but I love y'all!
Also we moved apartments:
3301 Golden Drive Apt. B
Chalmette, LA 70043
Love,
Sister Ellen Frederickson
No comments:
Post a Comment