Happy Mother's Day! Thanks to all the mothers out there who have sent off missionaries and who pray daily for their missionaries. I think that it can be just as hard on mothers to be away from their child as it is for the child. We appreciate all that you do for us, mothers!
My mother is an excellent woman and has done a beautiful job raising her four children. It would be wrong for me to not acknowledge all that she has done for me. I want to be just like her when I am older. Her patience is astounding. She has a pure love of the gospel and of the scriptures. I can count on her to be willing to watch any Disney movie with me. She puts up with my silliness and weirdness. My mother also makes a mean pot of homemade spaghetti sauce. (or red gravy, as they say it down here) Mom, I love you so much and your example to me of Christ-like love is one of the reasons I am on a mission today.
Sooooo this week was very, very interesting. Well. Not really I guess.
We had Zone Training Meeting on Friday morning and we had interviews on Thursday afternoon, so we were plenty busy.
We finally met a referral, a couple, Jimmy and Amy. They are awesome. We tried their house once more this last week and we caught them outside grilling on their patio. We had a great discussion and shared a scripture from the Book of Mormon. They invited us back tomorrow for dinner, so we are pumped!
Fanny Thang (our Chinese investigator) finally called us on Friday and we had an appointment with her on Saturday. Fanny is so awesome, but she still works on Sundays so it is very difficult to get her to church, but we are praying very hard that it will work out for her to come! She likes meeting with us though.
I had a great time chatting with my family yesterday! It was to good to hear everyone's voices. :)
I am getting ready to tackle "Jesus The Christ", so I will keep you updated on that! I am pretty excited.
That's pretty much it for this week!
Love y'all so much!
-Sister Ellen Frederickson
No comments:
Post a Comment