Friday, July 11, 2014

I want the whole world to celebrate!

Celebrating:

Family time – I spent some time in California last week, visiting my Grandma Clayton. I celebrate this because I only get to see her about every two years. I am number 56 of 57 grandchildren and beyond that there are around 120 great-grandchildren. Visiting her is always a good time. She is 94 and I really enjoy being with her. She always has very interesting things to say and offers sage words of advice, which I value highly.
As I write now, I am en route to Deep Creek Lake in Maryland for a family reunion on my Dad’s side of the family. Every two years, my grandparents generously rent a lake house and it always one of the best weeks of the year.
Family is everything to me. Never waste a moment with your family. I am so blessed to know that my family is together forever, united eternally so that we may be together even after this life.
 Modern Medicine – I am getting my tonsils out in two weeks and as much as don’t want to do it, I know that I need it. They made my freshman somewhat difficult.
So I am CERTAINLY celebrating modern medicine.
 Friends – This is a shout out to my homies Eliza and Mariah who I lived with during spring term at BYU. We have been friends since we were eleven and they are super supportive of me. The morning of my half marathon they were out there cheering me on, bright and early. They finish entire bowls of cookie dough with me. They binge watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer with me. They are the best. Love 'em.
Celebrating the friendships that will last a lifetime.
Mariah, Ellen, Eliza; Fall 2013


 Mother Nature – The picture says it all.

Deep Creek Lake, July 2012 



*Sidenote: The title of this post comes from the song “Celebrate” by Mika. Check it out.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on starting the Blog, I will be sure to follow. Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the years ahead, you will enjoy reading your thoughts - I wish blogging had been in vogue when I was young. I guess I could have kept a journal, but blogging seems easier!! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete