Hello All!
Some might wonder why I call my blog "A Smile As Small Mine." It comes from one my favorite poems, by Emily Dickinson. Dickinson is my favorite poet. I adore her work.
The poem in its entirety goes like this:
"They might not need me; but they might.
I'll let my head be just in sight;
a smile as small as mine might be
precisely there necessity."
I love this poem for a lot of reasons. First and foremost is because it's a reminder to wear your best smile. Who knows who is watching? Who knows who will be impacted by your smile? Choosing to smile, even if you are having a bad day, has the ability to completely change your attitude or mood. Dickinson points out that although we might feel invisible, like we don't make a difference, you and I, we can be a "necessity."
I chose this title because I hope that you'll crack a smile while reading. And if you don't, just don't forget to smile and change your day or your neighbor's day. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment