Shainna is now getting baptized/married on Friday. Final answer. It has to be because we announced it that way on Sunday. Sooooo that's happening. Pray for her, team!
We found several new and awesome investigators this week. I will probably have more to report on that next week. For now, I feel like we have to much going on - it's hard to try and fit it all into one email.
We also had zone training meeting this week and exchanges so only ended up working about 5 full days in our area. It's a miracle we were able to get so much done!
Picture is of me and Sister McMullin from ZTM. She goes home next week! I love her so much!
I have to start MyPlan this week - this is for all you missionaries who know the struggles of going home.
We had great instructions on ZTM on the Atonement. We were learning about ordinance and how ordinance allow us to access the power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It was cool. Although these were things I knew before, it's cool to have a new understanding of them now that I am a missionary and I am almost done. The coolest thing for me was learning about forgiveness. All around, forgiveness is an essential part of life here on Earth in more than one way. Basically we have to learn to forgive others. If we don't, we cannot expect Jesus Christ to forgive us for our sins. He has paid the price already; but our forgiveness is dependent upon our actions in relation to the Atonement. Finally - one of the hardest things - is to learn to forgive ourselves. Often times the Lord has already forgiven us for something and has shown us the way out of trials and hard situations. He does not tell us it will be easy. Giving up sin is not always easy. But it is necessary. And as we do so we must remember that perfection is not something we will achieve here on the Earth. We have to forgive ourselves along the way and remember that justice and mercy are perfect laws, designed as part of the perfect Plan of Salvation.
I love y'all!
I may only have one transfer left - I still like emails and mail though. :)
-Sister Ellen Frederickson
915 s. college road #223
Lafayette, LA 70503
No comments:
Post a Comment