What a week! First, a brief review of my week. Second, a special testimony.
This week was pretty exciting because we had a mission conference with Elder Kopischke of the Seventy. He also spoke at our stake conference yesterday. It was pretty cool because I got to see all my friends from the singles ward in Baton Rouge and from the Baton Rouge Second Ward. I sure love all those guys. :)
Our mission conference was excellent. Elder K let us set the agenda for the conference and so we ended up discussing how we can more fully submit our will to Heavenly Father's will. We also talked about member missionary work, which was way awesome. Both were things I needed to hear about. We touched on subject ranging from Celestial obedience to temple marriage. It was awesome.
Some thoughts from Elder K:
1) Be as obedient as possible
2)Be as pure as possible
3) Plan as good as possible
4) Work as hard as possible
Good mission rules; good life rules.
Shainna should (hopefully) be getting baptized a week from today. We had a pretty good lesson with her last night. We discussed obedience and following God's commandments. Their family took us out to dinner Saturday night at a cajun dancing restaurant. It was pretty fun to watch. :) Today, one of my favorite members here is taking us out to get pedicures, which is super sweet of her! We really have amazing members in the Lafayette ward.
Those were a lot of the amazing things from this week, but really, this week was hard. So hard. I knew when I got an email from my Mom last Monday that this would be the last week for my dear Grandma, Mary Clayton. I got a call Tuesday night from my mission president that she had indeed passed away. After 96 years on this Earth, she was called back to her Heavenly home. And back to my Grandpa. While it was hard to imagine that I won't see her while I am yet on the Earth, I know that our family is eternal. She really lived a long and blessed life. There will be opportunities after this life to be with her. I am so blessed to have been raised in this gospel. It all starts with pioneers. Not just pioneers of old from the 19th century, but pioneers today who join the church when no one else in their family supports them. Those who know that, despite opposition in this world, truth is truth. The Lord has a great Plan of Happiness for each of us and part of it involves coming to know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is Christ's church on the Earth today. His priesthood is restored and because of that priesthood, I can see my Grandma again. I get to meet my ancestors who bravely left their homes and accepted the gospel many decades ago because we are all connected as an eternal family. I invite each of you reading this letter, member of the church or not, to ask for yourself if God has restored His church today to the Earth. It has made all the difference for me and my family.
I wouldn't trade this mission for anything. This work is so great. It's hard sometimes. Friends, I have SO many weaknesses. But, Moroni had it right in Ether 12:27.
27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
Love y'all!
Sister Ellen Frederickson
915 s. College Road #223
Lafayette, LA 70503
an old friend from the singles ward! Josh is going on his mission in August. So proud of him!
I <3 awkward missionary pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment