Monday, June 6, 2016

Week 66

We got to go to a crawfish boil AND a crab boil this week which was crazy awesome! Eating crabs is difficult, but crab legs are delicious. Absolutely delicious. We also had FRESH shrimp boiled with it too. These are some of those experiences that I can never re-create after my mission. True southern culture with real southerners is hard to beat.

Tuesday we learned how to make pralines with an investigator and her neighbor (who is a member) and now I love pralines, these homemade pecan pralines are also great.
We found several new investigators this week, including the one who just showed up at church last week and came again yesterday. Shainna was there too and last night we had dinner with her and watched Meet The Mormons which was SO fun. She is so ready. I keep trying to take a picture with her, I will get that this week!!
Our dear friend is still a dear friend although we are unsure how to continue with him at this point. He seems to be very spiritual but we are having a hard getting our main message through to him. We love him so much and he is so wonderful. Also he always gives us fresh produce. So kind!!
We spent a good chunk of yesterday tracting. It was interesting choice  considering it was fast Sunday and it was quite hot and humid. By the time we got to our dinner appointment we were both a little delirious haha. 

Let's talk about Elder Bednar's conference talk. It was fabulous. 

I received an outpouring of revelation from that talk. I have been spending a lot of time studying the spirit lately, which is honestly, spending a lot of time trying to recognize the spirit more and the blessings of feeling the spirit. It is such a blessing and gift from our Heavenly Father. Humility is a key factor in feeling the spirit. Unless we have opened up our hearts and minds to God, rather than giving in to the natural man, we won't be able to receive the personal revelation and spiritual promptings we need to progress spiritually. 
Also, can I just say how much I love the priesthood? What an amazing power; it is the key to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints being the restored church of Jesus Christ on the earth today. Without it, the ordinance necessary for us to make covenants and to be cleansed from sin would not impossible. Just as important, with the priesthood power on the Earth today, we can have eternal families.
I love y'all. Have a great week.
-Sister Ellen Frederickson
915 s. College Road #223
Lafayette, Louisiana 70503

​fishing at the bozeman's house. first time fishing and I caught several cat fish and some perch. Woo! 


No comments:

Post a Comment