I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas. It was a lot of fun seeing my family, especially new niece and nephews. I got to meet my new nephew Edmund for the first time.
This week was a weird week Katelynn was supposed to be baptized on Saturday. She is a minor and at the last minute (literally, we were filling the font) her parents decided not to let her get baptized. It was a major setback. The whole rest of that day was really rough, but we know that she will be baptized soon! She is amazing and she has the coolest testimony.
Honestly, a lot of our investigators dropped us this week and a lot of our progressing less actives went out of town for the holidays so we spent a lot of time tracting, and on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, we visited a lot of members! We spent Christmas Eve at our Bishop's house, with him and his kids (all adults) who are all mostly in the ward. It was a lot of fun and reminded a lot of the being with the Frederickson side of the family. It wasn't the easiest of weeks, there was some tears, quite a bit of stress and some long, tired days. But my companion and I, we make a good team. With the Savior by our sides every step of the way, we could make it through anything the adversary throws at us. Remember, in the end, we know who wins this battle. Who do you serve? Joshua 24:15
Holidays were a lot of fun, but I am excited for the new year and new progress. I love my mission and I love serving the wonderful people of Louisiana.
Happy New Year loved ones!
-Sister Ellen Frederickson
214 E. Church Street
Hammond, LA 70401
No comments:
Post a Comment