Recently, I have had a goal to work on living in the moment and cherishing life a little more. My whole life, I have lived in the future. The next move, the next day, the next hour, the next test, the next nap, the next everything.
People. I have lost so much joy of living in not experiencing life in the moment. What a waste! Men are that they might have joy! My Mom always warned me about this growing up. In her own way, she showed me that I was living just outside of enjoying life to the fullest extent. I am sorry it took me so long to realize my poor attitude in living, but now, I see it! Thanks Mom! So, this holiday season, find time to live your life, and to enjoy each little moment of happiness. Some moments from this week:
-We found a park with Christmas lights and so we walk there in the morning.
-Singing the Twelve Days of Christmas with friends and fellow missionaries from the ward at a Christmas Party.
-Waking up and not actually feeling tired for a little while
Our Heavenly Father has blessed us with time. Our Savior allows us to enjoy that time to the fullest. Do not be wasteful.
This week we started teaching Katelynn, who is the boyfriend of a member of our ward. It's amazing how God prepares people to be baptized. She already had plans to be baptized the first time we met her. It was a miracle. Anyway, she may be baptized on the day after Christmas!
I am still recovering from my cold, it's taking its sweet, sweet time going away. But oh well. Because of that, it was a relatively slow week, and yet it wasn't. We fit a lot of work in, despite my being out for a couple days.
I love all of you so much!
Address:
214 E. Church Street
Hammond, LA 70401
-Sister Ellen Frederickson
No comments:
Post a Comment