Monday, December 7, 2015

Week 42

First of all, sorry to everyone whose emails I haven't responded to. Last week was a bit of an adjustment for me, but things are going a lot better now. I will try to get back to you this week. :)

Yesterday was a weird day in the sense that we went to church, but then we had to come home because I have a terrible head cold, one of the worst I have ever had. I was exhausted and it's been really hard getting to bed on time because in house with 4 sisters who are really good friends, it's pretty easy to get distracted. (quad) Companionship goal this week: get to bed on time or early every night. Holla. 

Anyway, despite being sick yesterday and today, we had a super good day at church. We taught a lesson right after church, found an investigator while at church and then had a couple investigators come to church. It was a blessed day. This little ward is so wonderful. The people are so loving and want the work to move forward so that this ward can grow. By the way, my name has, more or less, officially been to shortened to Sister Fred. It's just so much easier to introduce myself that way. The people really struggle to say Frederickson here. So everyone calls me that now, even my mission president's wife, haha. 

I got to see the old branch president from Amite, President Marcotte and his wife. They are like family to me. Brother and Sister Bourgeois, who were in Amite on assignment but are now back in Hammond, are also so awesome and are like family as well. I can't wait for you to meet them, Mom and Dad. I am going to try and get better pictures to send of them since I don't think I ever sent any when I was in Amite.

Unfortunately Diane, our progressing investigator who came to church, is moving to Opelousas in a few weeks, to be with her Mom. But it has been so fun to teach her. The work here is definitely in a growing phase, but I love it. It's so easy to share the gospel around the holidays. 

I just want to say how grateful I am for trials and for the way the Lord teaches us. Sometimes He has to rebuke us, but I have learned to really love it. It strips us of our pride in the most beautiful way. It can be really painful, but it is always worth it to continually learn. 
There is a nice older couple in our ward. The Mauerman's are from Salt Lake City and have lived in Hammond for quite a while. Sister Mauerman has pretty severe health issues that have left her bedridden and unable to communicate. But we go sing to her every week and it's the highlight of my week this week. Brother Mauerman tells us she was quite the musician in her day and that she loves to hear people sing. It was a very spiritual experience, to say the least. :)

I love y'all! Shout out to the homies taking finals this week at BYU. Or maybe it's next week. Either way, gooooood luck. You will be in my prayers.

Happy Holidays! Send any Christmas mail to:
214 E Church Street
Hammond, LA 70401
All my love,
Sister Ellen Frederickson


No comments:

Post a Comment