Meet Abby! I have been working with Abby since day one here in Baton Rouge. She is an LSU student, the cutest lady ever and is one of my friends! On August 22nd, I had the privilege of seeing Abby be baptized. It was so beautiful and wonderful. Some of her family came and the singles ward came out and supported her. It was so fun and I could feel the spirit so strong while we were there. It seems like the adversary is always working really hard to prevent these things from happening, as we experienced that day. BUT, I knew that Abby was ready, Abby knew Abby was ready, and God knew Abby was ready. Nothing could stop her. From the beginning, seeing her testimony build has been absolutely amazing.
That was about a week and a half ago, and the day after the baptism, everything got flipped around for us. We found out that a companionship in our zone needed an emergency transfer and our mission president decided to just put two brand new sisters into the area. Sister Barclay, my companion, got doubled into Gonzaleswith another sisters and I was put with Sister Kongaika-'Aholelei. (Sister K) I was told that I would be preparing Sister K to take over the family ward and then I would stay at LSU, which was great because working in both wards (which meet in different buildings and both have large boundaries) is pretty stressful. Don't get me wrong, I love both wards, but it's difficult to feel like I can't give all the love the Lord has given me to both sets of investigators, less actives, members, etc. Anyway, we were pretty surprised last night when transfer calls came and we (Sister K and I) found out we were staying together, still double working the areas. I won't lie, I was pretty frustrated, on top of the fact that the last few weeks have been difficult and trying in several ways. Notably, the work has been going really well though. I love our investigators and this area has so much real potential. The Lord kind of smacked me in the face with the transfer news. I know that my mission president is inspired and I know the I still have a lot to learn and I am nervous/excited to learn it all, and I know that I will have the Lord right by my side every step of the way. We got to go to the temple last Saturday, which was amazing. I have a feeling I am going to be learning a lot about patience for the next few months. I am going to send out a few more pictures to help tell about the last few weeks.
Sister K is amazing. I love love love my new companion. She has been out almost a year and she is seriously teaching me so much and reminding me everyday to be selfless. I am so grateful for her. I am also grateful for the temple, where I can someday be sealed to my eternal companion!
I hope you all have a beautiful week.
Much Love,
Sister Ellen Frederickson
send love and support to:
12025 Justice Ave
No comments:
Post a Comment