Friday, August 28, 2015

7 months

No pictures this week, but it was a decent week. We were just crazy busy the whole week!

We have been teaching the Rosenaur's since I have been here and much longer before that time. They are an awesome family who really want to be baptized some day, but are not pushing it. Anyway, for about a month, we didn't hear from them and they wouldn't answer the door when we came over, etc. I was pretty upsetting, but such is the missionary life. Anyway, last Sunday guess who randomly shows up at church? The Rosenaur's! It was definitely an answer to a prayer. We have been meeting with them frequently since then and now they are pushing to be baptized. We are SO pumped. It's so cool to see the gospel change people's lives for the better. I know that this gospel is restored to the earth through a prophet and I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, restored and translated in our day, for us. It brings me so much joy to study it and to know what my Savior, Jesus Christ, has done for me and for my investigators!

One cool thing that happened this week was finding Henrique. I shouldn't say we found Henrique, he found us for sure. We are sitting in front of the temple, waiting to un-exchange, and this kid, (business major at LSU, Brazilian) comes up and says "Who can tell me more about Mormonism?" Well, I guess he found the right people because uh, LSU missionary right here! Haha, well we taught him the Restoration right there on the spot. The next day we met and gave him a Book of Mormon and he asked SO MANY QUESTIONS. It was good. I was mostly really excited, because me and my companion, we had all the answers. 

Let me just say this, nothing any missionary ever says is just from the person. I can truly feel the Spirit of God talking through me sometimes. I am not some great store of knowledge regarding the gospel. I know that God is with me when I am in a lesson. The Spirit does the teaching, not me. It is an amazing thing to be a part of. 

I could go on and on about this week. But I love you all. Write meeeeee.
Sister Ellen Frederickson
12025 Justice Avenue
Baton Rouge, LA 70816

Have a fantastic week.

Love,
Sister Ellen Frederickson

No comments:

Post a Comment