Saturday, August 1, 2015

Week 25

This week was an interesting one! I didn't take any pictures (sorry!) but I will try to this next week. We have more investigators moving forward and we are hopefully looking forward to a couple baptisms this transfer. It's a good time for the work here in Baton Rouge!
So we ran out of miles on our car this week and we have been biking like crazy. On Saturday we ended up biking around 30 miles because we got lost because my GPS doesn't really work and so we had a lot of fun doing that and being 30 minutes late to our dinner appointment. (Bless the people of southern Louisiana for all owning trucks and being able to tow us and our bikes back to our apartment.)
You know people always ask us if going between two wards can get crazy and it really can. There is always always always something going on. We go to anywhere between 6 and 9 hours of church on Sundays with all the meetings. By the time we are finished we are starving and exhausted. And so we eat and take a short nap and go back out again and teach and it's always amazing.
This week we had a cool experience teaching a new family, the Dolly Family and they are way awesome! We went to Curtell and Ari Dolly's home with the Hanson's (members) and discussed the Book of Mormon and committed them to read it as a family. They have a lot of promise and I am really looking forward to seeing them again and continuing our work with them.
I picked up again in Jesus the Christ this week and I still just love it. It is so interesting and reading about our Savior is just the best thing ever.
Other than that, this week was pretty low key, a lot of biking, a lot of farmer's tans (watch, sandal, t-shirt, ring) and this week I did my hair for the first time in like two months and it's actually growing! Yay! It won't be short forever!
Alright I love y'all! Write me at:
12025 Justice Avenue
Baton Rouge, LA 70816
-Sister Ellen Frederickson

No comments:

Post a Comment