Friday, March 27, 2015

Week 9



Hey y'all.
This has been an interesting week, to say the least. Many missionaries will express to you the miracles we see everyday. We will tell you how much we see the Lord in our work, how we see people softening their hearts toward the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is a truly wonderful thing to be here doing this work and I absolutely know with all my heart that this is where I am supposed to be right now.
But. This is hard work.
I don't mean physically hard (although sometimes it is that as well). I mean mentally and emotionally; it can brake you down. It is important to not let ourselves get discouraged as missionaries. We must continually turn to our Heavenly Father in prayer, we must seek guidance and comfort. I have had to do a lot of that this week.
There is a point when cancelled appointments pile up and time never seems to pass and maybe this is all just a little too hard. But it was not too hard for the Savior. Jesus Christ gave everything He had to our Father in Heaven, including His life. God knows that I am not perfect. He knows the people I teach and serve here in Amite, LA are not perfect. But He gave us His Only Begotten Son to save us all. Through Christ, we are made whole.
John 3:17
"For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."
People let you down. It is hard to accept sometimes. But because our Heavenly Father is perfect, He will not let us down. He will ALWAYS be supportive and loving and understanding. God lets us know when we need to be better, and He loves us without end.
That being said, we did indeed see some great things happen this week. The adversary has a way of making things look terrible when really, there are so many great and wonderful things in store through God's plan for us.
"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
John 14:27
I feel prayers and support and love from home and from friends every day, thank you! Have a beautiful week.
Sister Ellen Frederickson

No comments:

Post a Comment