In case you were wondering, my parents are in Cabo San Lucas right now, soaking up the sun. The library I am emailing in is basically in a pond because of the rain. It's awesome.
This week was pretty cool. We had a couple of really awesome, really exhausting days.
One sweet experience we had was with a lady named Rosemary. We tracted into a relative of hers farther along the street, Janet. Janet recommended we go to her uncle's home. He is very sick and she mentioned he needed prayers. Off we went to the home down the street and Rosemary answers the door (She is Janet's uncle's wife) and we talk to her and tell her how much Heavenly Father loves her. She is catholic (the whole neighborhood was basically a big Italian catholic family) and she looked very tired and worn out. We asked about how her husband was doing. She was in the process of moving and so naturally we offered to help!! We leave her with a card with our number and tell her to call us if she ever needs anything. We are planning to go back and visit her. I could just tell that this lady was worn down and had seen a lot of tough trials. Before we left, I asked if we could pray with her and so she invited us inside! We said a prayer and I could immediately feel the spirit and I prayed in my heart that she could feel the calm and peace of the spirit as well. Afterwards, she seemed touched, almost to tears. It was a cool experience. When we left, I prayed that she would call us soon! As missionaries, helping and serving others is one of the things we do. I am always sincere when I ask anyone if they need anything or if they need help with anything.
One other thing we do every week is play bingo at the nursing home! It's a riot. We (us and the elders) run bingo for the old folks and even though it's usually just a few who come, we LOVE it. We always have fun and those people are so great. You can tell that enjoy it, at least I hope they do!
Also, I tried grits this week. They weren't bad. I'll keep you updated on the southern food goodness. It's a riot. I am still waiting to go to a crawfish boil (pronounced "bowl" in a southern accent).
There is no greater satisfaction then serving others and seeing them come unto Jesus Christ. It's such a blessing to be here. I hope y'all have a great week.
Love,
Sister Ellen Frederickson
No comments:
Post a Comment