Monday, April 18, 2016

Week 59

Hello friends and family.

I have been transferred to Lafayette, LA. Home of the cajuns. Both culturally and the mascot. I keep going to college towns...hmm.

My new companion is the sweet Sister Truchard. She is awesome, hailing from the great state of California. She goes home in June, so I might be her last companion. 

Lafayette is so so so great. We had a cute little investigator at church yesterday. Her name is Marie and she is Vietnamese. In the middle of Sacrament meeting she turned to us and asked how soon she could be baptized! Woo!! Yesterday after church she made us these fried wonton things and oh my gooodness they were so good. She talks on and on and on about everything and is so pretty. We love Marie!

We are also teaching a great family of 10 who are investigating the church pretty seriously. Keep the Porter family in your prayers. They have a lot of potential and we are focusing on them right now, helping them to see how prepared they have been.
Things are good down here. I was shocked to leave, especially my cute greenie, Sister Meador! I can't seem to keep a companion for more than one transfer these days. But oh well. 
I have been reading in Mosiah this week, near the end. The strength of Alma and his people is astounding. It was a real lesson to me when I was reading about their escape from bondage after relying fully on the Lord. The first of their priorities was to stop and pour out praises and gratitude to God for the miracle that just occured. Amidst all their many turmoils, they knew how important it was to be grateful for trials and for the end of trials. It was something I needed to hear. I am trying to live now, with a greater spirit for gratitude. I am so grateful for so many things, first and foremost my Savior. Next, my family and friends. and the Temple. and delicious southern food. and the scriptures. and my education. and the list goes on and on. Down to the little things that I try to write down every day.
I love y'all SO much. 
New address:
915 s. College Road Apt 223
Lafayette, LA 70503
-Sister Ellen Frederickson
ps - see you in 4 months from today. woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment