Hey y'all!
This week kind of flew by. We had exchanges and General Conference this week so it felt like we didn't really get a lot done or like we had any time to accomplish anything. But in reality, we did quite a lot!
So we had the really neat opportunity to have some special training from some people from Salt Lake, from the missionary department. Only about a third of the mission got to go, and Sister Groesbeck and I, we were pretty excited about being invited. On top of that, the training was much needed by the mission and we were able to apply the principles we learned that very night in planning! The process of helping and inviting (as found in the "Missionary Purpose") is such an interesting thing. There has been a big big push for finding efforts and opportunities recently, and we were basically taught how to make the most out of the small amounts of time we have with people when we first meet them. They also talked a lot about our mission maybe getting iPads. Not anytime soon, but maybe later this summer? I don't know, I am not holding out any sort of hope for an iPad. But they did show us some cool things that we can do on the iPads. Essentially missionary work (well, the numbers and reporting part) will eventually all be done electronically.
This last week, I went to Albany for exchanges with Sister Blaylock again and it was nice because the Albany sisters live with the Hammond sisters and my MTC companion, Sister Jenkins, is in Hammond so I got to see her a whole bunch. :)
We were unable to see Pastor Dixon at all this last week, BUT because of Pastor Dixon we have 1 (maybe 2) new investigators. We miss Pastor D. a lot, but we will hopefully see her soon!
I hope everyone enjoyed General Conference! Some of my favorite talks included Elder Holland's and Elder Nielson's. He spoke on the prodigal son and the talk just really stuck with me.
I hope y'all have a great week! I really love hearing from everyone, so don't forget to write me at:
2003 north Duncan Ave.
Amite, LA 70422
Much Love,
Sister Ellen Frederickson
No comments:
Post a Comment