Friday, January 30, 2015

Week 1

Dear Friends, Family and loved ones:

What a week it has been! Everyday feels like a month with how much we are learning and trying to retain. I can feel your support and prayers while I have been here in the MTC. 

First I want to share a scripture that has really been key in helping me to get through the week. You might be familiar with it, but it is definitely stuck with me forever. Proverbs 3:5-6. Look it up and read it, so so so good. 

My companion is Sister Jenkins from Logan, Utah. She is amazing and we work extremely well together. We are already good friends and we certainly build each other up spiritually. Our district has 9 people: 5 elders and 4 sisters. Three elders are going to Winnipeg, Canada and so are the other two sisters. My companion and I and the other set of elders are going to Louisiana, and we leave on Tuesday. Which is coming way too fast. On Sunday, our branch president called my companion and me as Sister Training Leaders and that has been fun, but our new district that came in yesterday was all elders, so I don't know how much help we will be to them.  It is difficult to send pictures from these computers so I will try to send some next week. I am really looking forward to being out in the field, but I love the members of my district so much, they have been a great help to me spiritually. I have grown more in this last week in the spirit than I think I have in my whole life. It has been so amazing. I share things with our investigators that I didn't even know I knew. I sometimes speak and don't know where the words are coming from. The Lord has truly been on my side, as He always is. I hope that I can maintain my ability to be prepared and worthy enough to continue to teach by the power of the Holy Spirit as I continue my mission in Louisiana.

We had a great devotional this week from Larry Kacher and he spoke on becoming a consecrated missionary through obedience, faith and your outlook on your mission. It was way cool and it just reminds you that perspective really counts on your mission. 
We really only get an hour of email time, so if I don't respond to an email from any of you this week, I'll try again next week! Just know that I love you all so much, and I certainly miss you. However, I know this is where I am supposed to be right now. Stepping outside of your comfort zone is the only way to continue to grow, especially in the gospel of Jesus Christ. 

Love,
Sister Ellen Frederickson 

No comments:

Post a Comment