1) Parisian macaroons are heavenly. And I haven't even been to Paris yet, but the store I bought them from is located in Paris as well. Flavors: coconut, vanilla and chocolate.
2) Cath Kidston is my new favorite store.
3) I love Shakespeare and going to see Comedy of Errors at the Globe was quite an authentic experience. I loved everything except the part where I stood on my feet for two and a half hours after already walking several miles that day. It was worth it though, an experience I will never forget.
4) Salisbury Cathedral and Wells Cathedral are both so beautiful and I am in love with old Cathedrals. I can't wait to see more!
5) I saw Stonehenge. The only thing that felt really noteworthy about it was the size of the stones. They were much larger in person. I guess it's pretty cool though.
6) One of my favorite places is now Stourhead Gardens. I wish I could spend a part of everyday there. If you are ever in the UK, go there.
This is just one view I had. It's so beautiful.
7) St. Michael's Mount is the home to a lord and lady with some children (I can't remember the name), but I do remember how beautiful it was. The castle is on an island and if it's high tide, you have to take a boat. Luckily for us it was low tide and we just crossed a little brick path.
I would live here. It was pretty cool on the inside as well.
8) Apparently Merlin magically conceived King Arthur at Tintagel Castle and we got to go see the site!
9) The Roman Baths were really quite spectacular and Bath itself is quite charming. We happened to be there in the middle of a 10 day Jane Austen festival and there were people everywhere that were dressed up in Austen-y garb. Tons of fun!
I'm sure I missed a lot of cool details but a lot happened in my three day extended trip to southwestern England. One thing that stood out to me most absolutely was that the English countryside is simply breathtaking. It made the long hours on our coach bus pass rather quickly.
*I chose that title because I wanted to take a picture in which I looked "stony" while I was at stonehenge but none of them turned out well. I still thought the title was clever though, whatever.
LOL I LOVE the Title!!!
ReplyDelete