Saturday, September 6, 2014

Mind the Gap

We have this course here called "London Walks", which basically includes going on several self-guided tours around different areas of London. Often, the "walks" correspond with historical information as well as relevant modern facts. In order to rid ourselves of some of the jet lag, we were instructed to go on a "walk", which also included taking the tube for the first time!

We got on at Queensway and took the central line all the way to the St. Paul's stop right in the City of London*. Our walk today took us all around the ins and outs of the City of London. We saw a lot of beautiful old churches, cool modern business buildings and skyscrapers and we had a beautiful view of the Thames and the Tower Bridge.
 Me and the Tower Bridge
The Tower Bridge

We also saw the famed London Bridge, but the Tower Bridge is a lot cooler looking. 

I saw a telephone booth, but it was not red.
We were confused because it was green.

I mostly did a TON of walking, so that's all for today!



*There is London and then there is the City of London, which is with in London itself. Look it up on Wikipedia. It's a pretty fun fact. 

3 comments:

  1. I think that you mean the Queensway stop (which is around the corner from Bayswater). Honest mistake. Right outside of the Bayswater stop is a little place called the Taza Kebab House... they have really good Shawarma (for a good price). I always stay just off Queensway and love that part of town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you for letting me know of my mistake!!
      Thanks for the recommendation!

      Delete
  2. Looks great!! Wish I was there too!

    ReplyDelete