This will be my last post while I'm in America. On Thursday, I depart and begin a new adventure. I have been dreaming of visiting and being in and a part of London for a long time. This is a big check off the bucket list and I couldn't be more excited! The only thing I feel more than excitement is gratitude, however. In the last year, I have been relying heavily on the Lord's timetable to get me through to the next part of my life. I didn't know a year ago today what I would be doing or how I would be doing it. It's one of the most exciting things about being a young adult in today's world. Life can pick up and change in an instant. I never planned on serving a mission, but here I am, waiting for my call! I am indebted to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for allowing me to get to this point in my life and that I can be so sure about my decisions.
I also need to mention how grateful I am to my parents for providing such a wonderful and blessed life for me. They are helping me fulfill my dreams and meet my goals. On top of that, I know they are as excited as I am. So this is a shoutout to the 'rents for being awesome.
Back to church today. If you know me well, you know that I am religious. I believe in a loving Heavenly Father who cares for each of His children (us) so deeply. He cares enough to have given us His son, Jesus Christ.
Some lyrics from the song I sang in church today:
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love;
Here’s my heart, O take and seal it,
Seal it for thy courts above.
No one human being is perfect, this I know. I also know is that no matter how many times I reveal my imperfections in this life, no matter how often I do not do or say what Christ would have me do or say, He still loves me endlessly. It is a great blessing that we can return to Him again and again so that ultimately we may return to be with Him forever after this life. It is one of His greatest blessings and I thank my Heavenly Father and Christ every single day for it.
My blog is meant to be a positive place in which I can share my feelings and experiences, whether for myself or in order to help others. I will often reveal my feelings about what I believe, especially as I get closer and closer to my mission. In fact, I will have a letter posted here each week on my mission in case you want to stay updated.
Links to "Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing":
Mumford and Sons
Mormon Tabernacle Choir
BYU Vocal Point also does a good version, but I couldn't find a good recording on YouTube.
*ebenezer - (noun) a male given name: from a hebrew word meaning"stone of help"
I also need to mention how grateful I am to my parents for providing such a wonderful and blessed life for me. They are helping me fulfill my dreams and meet my goals. On top of that, I know they are as excited as I am. So this is a shoutout to the 'rents for being awesome.
Back to church today. If you know me well, you know that I am religious. I believe in a loving Heavenly Father who cares for each of His children (us) so deeply. He cares enough to have given us His son, Jesus Christ.
Some lyrics from the song I sang in church today:
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love;
Here’s my heart, O take and seal it,
Seal it for thy courts above.
No one human being is perfect, this I know. I also know is that no matter how many times I reveal my imperfections in this life, no matter how often I do not do or say what Christ would have me do or say, He still loves me endlessly. It is a great blessing that we can return to Him again and again so that ultimately we may return to be with Him forever after this life. It is one of His greatest blessings and I thank my Heavenly Father and Christ every single day for it.
My blog is meant to be a positive place in which I can share my feelings and experiences, whether for myself or in order to help others. I will often reveal my feelings about what I believe, especially as I get closer and closer to my mission. In fact, I will have a letter posted here each week on my mission in case you want to stay updated.
Links to "Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing":
Mumford and Sons
Mormon Tabernacle Choir
BYU Vocal Point also does a good version, but I couldn't find a good recording on YouTube.
*ebenezer - (noun) a male given name: from a hebrew word meaning"stone of help"
So excited for you as these next chapters unfold - and look forward to "following along!"
ReplyDelete