We have had a good last couple of weeks. Last Sunday, three of our investigators came to church and yesterday, just Marie came.Either way, I love Marie. We gave her a mother's day card and she said she cried when she read it. She is so wonderful, but she is having a hard time quitting smoking, so definitely pray for her! We are hoping she will still be able to get baptized at the end of May. :)
Our other new investigators are Shainna and AJ, the less active son of an awesome family in our ward. Shainna and AJ are engaged and we love teaching them. Shainna is soaking everything up like a sponge, she is so awesome! I love them and Shainna has a cute little son, Niko.
This morning in my studies I read some verse that really stuck with me and helped me to see the great mercies of God in my life.
This is when Ammon is pondering on and glorying in the Lord and His great work that is happening among the Lamanites. As they are becoming converted unto the Lord, Ammon recognizes the Lord's hand in all things.
"Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success...
Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all power, all wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a merciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name.
Now if this is boasting, even so will I boast; for this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo. Yea, blessed is the name of my God, who has been mindful of this people...yeah, I say, blessed be the name of my God, who has been mindful of us, wanderers in a strange land."
Alma 26:27, 35-36
Blessed be the name of my God, who is mindful of His daughter, Ellen, for I am eternally grateful for the redemptive and healing power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Friends and family, He is mindful of all of us and loves us each so much more than we can fathom.
I love all of you.
-Sister Ellen Frederickson
915 s. College Rd #223
Lafayette, LA 70503
No comments:
Post a Comment