-President Hansen, when instructing us on flirting at specialized training. It was one of the highlights of my mission thus far. It was also humorous to me because I am over here like "what are boys and how do I talk to them..." The mission life. It's the best.
We also had a really good instruction at specialized training with the sisters (about 10 of us) and Sister Hansen about positive and negative perfectionism. It was much needed. I am definitely a victim of my own mind and my own intensity to the point of destruction. The desire to do things perfectly and exactly as you think they should be done is very real. What we have to understand is that their is a better way, and that is the Lord's way and the Lord does not expect perfection. He knows we are imperfect. What He does expect is improvement everyday. This does not just apply to missionaries, but to all people. Don't give in to the adversary's influence. He wants us to think that we are never enough and that we can never do enough, so we should just give in and "enjoy ourselves", but these are lies. Satan pushes our buttons. But I challenge you to push him back. We have the strength and power to completely remove his influence from our lives by choosing righteously and wisely. Follow Christ and come unto Him. Find peace in the fact that He lives again and because He lives again, we may ALL live again. Eternal families are real. I testify that Christ lives and stands today at the head of His church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Watch this cool video and show it to your friends. It will definitely make your day.
Hmmm some cool stuff actually happened this week. Our cute, sweet investigator, Rose, came to church. She has a baptismal date for April 9th, so we will see how that goes! Christin is still doing well, everyone had prom this weekend so we haven't seen her since last Wednesday. But she is definitely still progressing and wants to show her Mom the Restoration video. :) ALSO I found out that Katelynn, from my area in Hammond, is back on track and is going to be baptized at the beginning of April. I almost started crying when I found out. :)
Tuesday was a good day. We had a full day of miracles and then we had dinner with one of my favorite members and a hispanic family in the branch who has a son who shares my birthday was having a little shindig for him and invited us over for cake and ice cream. It is traditional to put someones face into the cake for hispanics on their brithday. By the time we showed up, the cake was mostly gone, but they decided they should still rub frosting all over my face, hahaha. It was way funny, but I don't have the pictures from it. I will try to send them next week. :)
I wish I had time to say more about some of the amazing people down here, but this week I am going to try and take more pictures and send them home with more information and stories.
Love y'all so much!!
-Sister Ellen Frederickson
3301 Golden Dr. Apt. B
Chalmette, LA 70043
No comments:
Post a Comment