Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Month 5

Dear Family and Friends:

I lost track of the count of the weeks, but I hit my 5 month mark this weekend. It feels like just yesterday I was entering the MTC. 

Anyway, the last two weeks have been fairly busy. This last Sunday we were in the family ward we cover for church so it was nice to finally see who is in that ward and get to know them. They are great people and between them and the singles ward, I have met so many people in the last month. It's crazy! And it's fun. 

We have one investigator right now that I will mention. Her name is Miss Terry and she has a sickly cat. She is super funny and so interesting. She is obsessed with Michael Jackson. Let me just say, we have the weirdest experiences as missionaries and learning that she had a tattoo of Michael Jackson's signature on her butt was one of them. These southern people, I don't even know. I love it. 

So for the 4th of July, we took half of our P-Day on Saturday night and had a zone BBQ and it was tons of fun. There are some awesome missionaries out here, as there are in every part of the world. Shout out to all my homies on missions! Keep killin' it! 

It is hot as hades here with a high percentage of humidity to match and I actually kind of like it. Except the bugs, I don't like the bugs. I have developed a particular fear for cockroaches...

Anyway, have a good week y'all! Sending my love from Baton Rouge! 

-Sister Ellen Frederickson

No comments:

Post a Comment