Sunday, November 2, 2014

cronuts and other adventure, part ii

After we got back from Scotland, I had a lot on my plate homework-wise. BUT we did take an awesome trip to Stratford-upon-Avon. It was better than awesome. It was mind blowing to see the house Shakespeare grew up in. We also saw Anne Hathaway's home. We finished off the day visiting quirky little tourist shops (a necessity of any day trip) and seeing Much Ado About Nothing at the Royal Shakespeare Company. Set in post WWI England, they did a spectacular job. It was funny and enjoyable. I just enjoy Shakespeare so much more live. I do enjoy reading his plays, but there is nothing like seeing his words come alive on stage. It's so much more tangible and understandable even.
Trying to keep things in order is kind of hard but I will show pictures of what I have been up to the last three weeks! (in no particular time order)

 The house William Shakespeare grew up in
 The famed white cliffs of Dover
 Canterbury Cathedral
 Some cool trees at Hampton Court
 Hampton Court
 One foot in each hemisphere - east and west
 Tulip Staircase - Queen's House
 Kickin' up the leaves at Hyde Park
 Took a selfie with Big Ben
 St. James Park
 Found this giant teddy bear at Harrods
 The HMS Warrior
 I went and saw the Wedding Dress exhibit at the Victoria and Albert Museum. We weren't allowed to take pictures, but this dress is from the regular fashion exhibit. 
Try taking that skirt through the doorway.
 Went and saw Chvrches in concert.
Matilda the Musical was fabulous. I also saw Jersey Boys, The Woman in Black (the original play) and Shakespeare in Love during the last couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment